Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

This year, I give thanks for many things, many blessings:
• My health. I survived a heart attack in February, and have fully open and functioning heart arteries, complete with three stents. My heart has healed and I am feeling great. I’ve lost a lot of weight and gained muscle and stamina, and wearing 36 inch pants! I can easily work out for an hour every day.
• My family. I am blessed with loving, wonderful people in my life, who are supportive and compassionate.
• The determination and innovation in my community. I see people committing themselves to education, to social change, and to really making a difference in their own lives and the lives of their neighbors. This is a powerful, dynamic force, and we will change our society!
• The abundance of so many new books and ideas in our society, and so easily accessed by technology.
• The power of music, to enlighten, to heal, to inspire. I am so grateful for my guitar teacher, Richard Paris, and the joy he has helped me realize with my guitar.
• Dear friends, including my men’s group. Wow, you are awesome, and so kind and inspiring.
• Art. I must have art and creativity in my life, and I see the beauty of art everywhere now. People are honoring their creativity. It is a life changing force.
• The amazing wonders and beauty of the world. The more I travel, the more I realize what an incredible world in which we live.

No comments: