Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Rest of the Story

One thing about living in a small town is that you eventually find out the skinny on some event. It may take a while, but the truth always comes out. You just have to have a bit of patience.

The other day, it was actually fairly decent out. No rain, no wind, even a bit of sun. Unusual for this June, and enjoyable. It was a work day and I went to lunch, not needing Gortex, for a change.

I came back from lunch and my computer had crashed and rebooted. One of my fellow workers said the lights flickered, but at home, their power was out for about an hour.

Odd, no wind, no other reason. But, I thought, there would be a story.

Well, today, I learn the real story.

Seems there was this eagle, flying around. He was a good hunter and had snatched a salmon out of the river. A pretty big salmon, apparently. Well, some other birds were harassing the eagle, as it was carrying off the fish. The harassment was successful and the eagle dropped the fish. But, as the Fates would have it, the fish fell on some power lines and shorted them out, blowing a transformer and causing the noon time power outage.

Just another day in Mookville.

No comments: